Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chapter 9 - Activity 4

Words are considered the property of the writer. It is a matter of course, because they make words their self, wherever it is same. My country doesn’t allow plagiarism. This mean is that the writer has right about their words. So I can’t deal with their right. I use footnote, as I have words that mean too long for writing in paragraph or I want to tell where this words mean are from. It make easy to write paragraph. I use quotation marks, as I need words another people’s sentence or idea. Example if I write essay, I use sentence “Boys, be ambitious.” It is quotation. I should quotation mark, because it is not mine. I use a bibliography or list of references, as I get information from books or internet. It is same reason. It is not my knowledge. So I should show you where I take it. If I don’t do that, it is plagiarism.

I think that rules are strict about plagiarism in America. I saw news that someone put mp3 files on internet. He was punished by government and paid a heavy fine. But in Korea, it is generous about plagiarism. So almost people download files and upload files on the internet without sense of guilt. I think that it is not good to everyone. But over and over, they are improving law about plagiarism.

No comments:

Post a Comment